[ROM] [M] [6.0] Velocity Hammerhead

• So, after messing around with GAPPS and other stuff, I finally did manage to get my device perfectly working based on Velocity. Now I can just wait for first Android N builds for Hammerhead :)
    RACER_N_20160804
    RACER_N_20160804
    RACER_N_20160804

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

• I know, I know... But I'm using F2FS and chad's kernel doesn't support it.
    However, could you tell me if chad's kernel has gamma control with custom profiles?
    I could switch back from f2fs to ext4 but I really need few features, for example gamma control.

• F2FS is a Samsung gimmick. In the real world it causes more issues than anything else. MVK has all "normal" kernel features. I dont support "to wake" options as they also are buggy and drain battery. Every other feature (Ive heard of anyway) is included. MVK is custom crafted to go with Velocity.....youre leaving a lot of performance and battery life on the table by not using it.

• Nope, those are just tags. Here's how Google deals with preview builds.....the kernel (and a couple other minor repos) are the only parts they need to release actual source for (GPL compliance). So, when they release the actual source they essentially do a snapshot of every other active repo so there is a cohesive manifest. Almost none of the actual N source is out there. This is why when I build OMP off the master branch there arent any N features included. There is almost 0% chance that HH or Flo get N. How easy it is to port will be another story. Typically Nexii are fairly easy if the dev has the device and minimum kernel requirements dont change like what happened when the Galaxy Nexus lost support. KitKat needed a 3.4 kernel and that didnt exist for the GN. There will be tons of devs porting their Roms for HH/Flo. Whether I do remains to be seen. I'm not a dev team and Im not trying to get my work out there with as many devices as possible. I've been down the XDA Rom road before with PSX. I never intended popularity with that either. This was just a niche product I decided to share publically. Well, popularity at that level on XDA was a complete nightmare and I wont do it again. I'm just a guy who likes to have a fast, stable, useful featured Rom for my personal use. That, and I love seeing how far I can push the bounds of performance without sacrificing the other aspects. I build for me, for fun, and for a very very small group of people. I say all this just to give you some background on who I am and what makes me tick. Velocity is a very different project for a variety of reasons than any other Rom out there.

• You wont't believe... I just have installed your kernel. ;) It's absolutely fantastic. It has gamma control, so I will stay with it! One thing - is it good that only 1267Mhz for CPU is used and other freqs aren't used almost at all (apart from deep sleep and 192MHz at idle)?

• You wont't believe... I just have installed your kernel. ;) It's absolutely fantastic. It has gamma control, so I will stay with it! One thing - is it good that only 1267Mhz for CPU is used and other freqs aren't used almost at all (apart from deep sleep and 192MHz at idle)?

Yes, thats MPDecision doing its thing. 2 cores at 1267 is enough for nearly every task. The longer you use it, the more freqs youll see used but with MPD + tuned Interactive thats exactly how its supposed to behave.

• Yes, thats MPDecision doing its thing. 2 cores at 1267 is enough for nearly every task. The longer you use it, the more freqs youll see used but with MPD + tuned Interactive thats exactly how its supposed to behave.

Great then, I'm glad that it's working how it should. You were right, overall experience is even better with your kernel.

• Thanks, yea. I use a custom toolchain and optimizations no one else does. Just like the Rom, Im less interested in adding a bunch of crap to it. I just focus on speed, stability, and battery life. I rarely change anything with the kernels as Im very happy with how they are. It took me a long time to get them to this point, but little has changed with them since KK.

• I'm really curious what optimizations you're using, but let it be a secret - the most important is that it really works, not placebo or anything.

May I ask you if my RAM usage by system is right? It eats about 700MB of memory, as I remember, on other kernels the usage was smaller. Could it be because of virtual memory settings that I've tweaked a little bit? However, the phone is completely smooth so probably nothing to worry about. RACER_N_20160804

• I'm curious if you enabled in Hammerhead kernel tick rate bump from 100Hz to 300Hz which was provided by Google for N5X/6P? Unless it doesn't make any difference along with your optimizations. And sorry if I'm asking too much, I'm just curious and your answers are interesting. :)

• Great battery life. Plus I have tweaked interactive governor a little bit for the performance, so it looks really good in terms of battery. BTW my battery is 2 y/o.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!