[ROM] [M] [6.0] Velocity Hammerhead

• That's why I haven't touched highspeed_freq. I just changed boostpulse duration from 30000 to 80000, target loads from 90 to 80 and go_highspeed_load from 99 to 90. That's how it looks

Of course the ROM is fast as hell out of the box, I just do these tweaks for fun. Unless it won't make any difference because of MPDecision behavior?

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

• Boostpulse duration definitely wont as Im not using boost anywhere. Lowering the target loads and timer rate may make a small difference. I chose the settings so after mpd is done doing its thing the cores drop to idle as fast as possible. Feel free and play with it, but MVK has so few options to tweak for a reason.

• Boostpulse duration definitely wont as Im not using boost anywhere. Lowering the target loads and timer rate may make a small difference. I chose the settings so after mpd is done doing its thing the cores drop to idle as fast as possible. Feel free and play with it, but MVK has so few options to tweak for a reason.

Fair enough, thanks! I won't touch anything else in governor :)

• I haven't touched anything, stock velocity no mods tweaks etc and get ~ 2,5 h sot my phone is 3 years old with original battery.

I'm going to buy a new battery next month, you do it too! It's really worth it. Also, I have to replace power button, it's going crazy... Good that Velocity has double tap to sleep and volume rocker wake.

• 2.5 SOT is really bad .I got 4.5-5 all the time on HH. But, I also have access to LTE all the time with great signal strength. I wouldnt spend a dime on a 3 year old phone at this point . If you cant get Sailfish or Marlin, Angler and Bullhead will be super cheap after the new ones drop.

• To be honest, I would even buy used Nexus 6, especially when you support it. However, in one year it will be as old as Nexus 5 now, so that's not ideal idea. Will see what the time brings... So far my HH is running great, so I don't worry so much about new phone. I will just wait for the Sailfish release and its price. If the leaked specs are real, I would definitely go for it as a great Hammerhead successor.

• 2.5 SOT is really bad .I got 4.5-5 all the time on HH. But, I also have access to LTE all the time with great signal strength. I wouldnt spend a dime on a 3 year old phone at this point . If you cant get Sailfish or Marlin, Angler and Bullhead will be super cheap after the new ones drop.

I don't like the N5x and the 6p is Way to Big :D maybe the next Nexus phones will surprise me and I'll get one. If not, I buy a OP3 when it don't need 6 weeks for shipping anymore :D

I Hope the smaller one got o nice processor 4gb ram AMOLED display a BIG battery :D and cost 4xx€ max. But I have to wait ...and I hate waiting [emoji28]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Rawwrius (14. August 2016 um 06:58)

• Chad, there are still minor UI glitches, not a big deal though, just reporting, maybe you will be able to fix that in the free time. For example black text in location quick title, also bug in Clock app settings (as I reported few weeks ago). You may notice that I use Substratum theme, however it has nothing to do with that, it looks exactly equally without any theme.

• I don't like the N5x and the 6p is Way to Big :D maybe the next Nexus phones will surprise me and I'll get one. If not, I buy a OP3 when it don't need 6 weeks for shipping anymore :D

I Hope the smaller one got o nice processor 4gb ram AMOLED display a BIG battery :D and cost 4xx€ max. But I have to wait ...and I hate waiting

I wouldnt touch a non Nexus.....ever. It would take Google cancelling the program for me to ever consider some other, inferior phone.

• Find me the commits and I'll be happy to. Or at least tell me a Rom that has night mode and doesnt have these issues.

That's true that many Roms with Night theme have these bugs. I can't tell you which ROM for sure doesn't, but I would look at Uberstock (it has night mode)
    https://github.com/UBERMALLOW
    https://github.com/DespairFactor?tab=repositories
    and Omni ROM https://github.com/omnirom/

But as I said, it's not big deal and I'm not complaining at all. The most important is that ROM is super stable and super fast.

• @ctfrommn Do you mabe know if that build.prop value makes any difference in Android of today?
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,v=n,o=v,u=n

I have it in my build.prop tweaks file and I don't remember where I found it, maybe even on your older Velocity build but I'm not sure. Basically, does it make any performance difference or not?

• Afraid the Velocity journey on HH has come to an end. It was a good run all the way back to the PSX days. If this ever properly runs N and I can fairly easily make it work I may build for it again. But till then, thanks to everyone.

• Thanks for everything Chad :D best rom I've ever used on any phone :) maybe I see velocity again on hh or on an new Nexus ! Great dev with the right sens of craziness and speed :D

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!