ROM] [P] [9.0.0] Velocity Shamu

• Ok finally i had time to flash this beauty, hell its fast!

But its either me Who did something wrong, or theres something i forgot to do.

Long Story Short, i still have the Phone encrypted. This causes alot of issues on my Phone, like it starts lagging as hell and it becomes unresponsive. I had the same issue with Marshmallow.

I thought the boot was with Force encrypt off, did i do something wrong?

Also i found a bug with Night Mode; i know how to enable it, but the enable by time of the day isnt working.

Another bug is with Ok Google now voice calibration; i had to reboot twice to get it to work (it would say theres too much noise otherwise, instantanely) and also i cant enable - After i recorded the voice - the "Always on from any screen".

Thank you for your great work!

• I would never "force decrypt" anyones device. If you want it decrypted you need to do that manually. Auto mode with night mode works perfectly, its the only way I use it. As far as Google voice, thats a GApp and outside of the Roms control. Ive moved the bulk of my development time over to OMP as its my daily driver so I cant say exactly when and if this will be updated.

• You have to manually unencrypt your device first, since the only thing all the custom kernels do are preventing the phone from automatically encrypting itself. So the rom doesnt basicaly unencrypt your phone if it is encrypted.

• I would never "force decrypt" anyones device. If you want it decrypted you need to do that manually. Auto mode with night mode works perfectly, its the only way I use it. As far as Google voice, thats a GApp and outside of the Roms control. Ive moved the bulk of my development time over to OMP as its my daily driver so I cant say exactly when and if this will be updated.

Ok, i understand. Still night mode automode doesn't work, i can't figure out why.

Anyway i tried FEDpatcher v8 to unencrypt the device but it seems its not working. Anyone knows how or what i have to do to unencrypt it? Thanks

• What are your settings for nightmode?

Main switch is disabled (as im not using it right now, it's morning here)

Auto activate based on time of the day is enabled
    Black theme for android switch is enabled
    Tint regulation is enabled
    Brightness regulation is disabled

I can enable it manually either using the trick or by the quick setting, but it doesnt turn on automatically. Thank you

• Main switch is disabled (as im not using it right now, it's morning here)

Auto activate based on time of the day is enabled
    Black theme for android switch is enabled
    Tint regulation is enabled
    Brightness regulation is disabled

I can enable it manually either using the trick or by the quick setting, but it doesnt turn on automatically. Thank you

Its morning here too, and warm.
    Strange, i had it set the same way and no problem with it turning on automatic. Only difference was that it was switched on, but thats because you arent using it now. Could it be that it is too bright inside or outside in the evening and preventing it to turn on? Just a thought.

• Its morning here too, and warm.
    Strange, i had it set the same way and no problem with it turning on automatic. Only difference was that it was switched on, but thats because you arent using it now. Could it be that it is too bright inside or outside in the evening and preventing it to turn on? Just a thought.

That would make sense now, but not in late night, right? Because when its like dinner time, let's say 20:00 pm (which is pitch black outside) it doesnt turn it on. I tested this at 23:00 and even 00:00. Go figure out why.

Anyway i can live with this, i can turn it on automatically. What it bugs me out now its the encryption that i truly want to turn it off, but fedpatcherv8 isnt working, so i need a few hints from ctfrommn or mik about that. I wouldnt mind to start from scratch as long as i get this thing disabled.

• That would make sense now, but not in late night, right? Because when its like dinner time, let's say 20:00 pm (which is pitch black outside) it doesnt turn it on. I tested this at 23:00 and even 00:00. Go figure out why.

Anyway i can live with this, i can turn it on automatically. What it bugs me out now its the encryption that i truly want to turn it off, but fedpatcherv8 isnt working, so i need a few hints from ctfrommn or mik about that. I wouldnt mind to start from scratch as long as i get this thing disabled.

Sorry that i can't help you any further. I have no clue about encryption, never even looked at it. For me personally there is no reason to encrypt or decrypt the phone. I just leave it as it is. Good luck with finding the solution.

• Thank you, i'm starting to think its my phone that has some sort of hardware issues.

Later in the day, everyday, it starts chugging and lagging and it goes like a turtle. I dunno why this happens, but i do use it heavily for work, stressing the hell out of it, so maybe that puts the encryption under some kind of pressure i guess.

• Do you have location turned off? Honestly, this is 100% Google code and its working perfectly for me. And since youre new here, and dont take this the wrong way....I'm not really interested in hearing about Rom "issues" in general. This is a personal build I just happen to share. If I can reproduce the issue and if it didnt exist on a previous build I will likely take a look at it. But as a rule I'm happy to help people figure things out, but Im not looking for a list of things wrong with these builds. As far as decrypting your phone? There are surely a ton of threads on XDA. I've only had to do it a couple of times so Im no expert. But basically youre flashing a Rom or the stock Rom with a kernel that will allow decryption then unchecking "encrypt phone" in security settings. This WILL wipe all your data including SD card so have a backup. Then just flash Velocity normally and you wont be encrypted. But go read up on it as this isnt likely 100% correct.

• Do you have location turned off? Honestly, this is 100% Google code and its working perfectly for me. And since youre new here, and dont take this the wrong way....I'm not really interested in hearing about Rom "issues" in general. This is a personal build I just happen to share. If I can reproduce the issue and if it didnt exist on a previous build I will likely take a look at it. But as a rule I'm happy to help people figure things out, but Im not looking for a list of things wrong with these builds. As far as decrypting your phone? There are surely a ton of threads on XDA. I've only had to do it a couple of times so Im no expert. But basically youre flashing a Rom or the stock Rom with a kernel that will allow decryption then unchecking "encrypt phone" in security settings. This WILL wipe all your data including SD card so have a backup. Then just flash Velocity normally and you wont be encrypted. But go read up on it as this isnt likely 100% correct.

Sorry man i didnt meant to sound someone asking or crying for getting it fixed. I get its your personal work, i just thought to share my impressions or bug about it to help you out, in case you were interested.

That's it anyway, i got it, i will not bother you anymore :) I will look into the encrypting stuff myself and try to understand why i get such bug with night mode.

Thank you for all you did, i appreciate it alot.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!