ROM] [P] [9.0.0] Velocity Shamu

• Ok, close to new build time....BIG changes on the optimization side. This build will be built with Velocity custom clang toolchain built from LLVM master branch. This, like the kernel toolchain is and will be updated constantly. This will be a LOT faster than the previous build and battery life should also be better. I am just finalizing the March security update now then Ill have these tested. I would expect a release tomorrow barring any issues with testing.

• Hey Chad,

I flashed your new build this morning. Dirty flash (on top of Velo of course). So far it's running very smooth. Just one issue is really annoying me: when I go into silent mode (I use the left of the three toggles in reboot menu) the sound comes back after some time. Sometimes it's a couple of minutes, sometimes less and it switches to normal "loud" mode. This doesn't happen when in vibrate mode (the middle toggle switch in reboot menu). I thought maybe it's one of my installed apps that causes this but I can't think of one... This has never happened to me before on Velo but I had the same issue with Tesla builds.

Any chance to reproduce and/or fix this?

[size=12]"Some kinds of communication on some kinds of issues, brought to the attention of some kinds of people under some kinds of conditions, have some kinds of effects." (Berelson, 1960)[/SIZE]

• Unfortunately I used to use silent mode a lot. ;) Especially when I'm at the library...

[size=12]"Some kinds of communication on some kinds of issues, brought to the attention of some kinds of people under some kinds of conditions, have some kinds of effects." (Berelson, 1960)[/SIZE]

• Good question. :) I actually thought it's the same... Maybe LED notifications won't work on DND?

Edit: LED notifications work. That's the way to go then. Sorry for bothering you and thanks for helping! :D

• Silent mode is the old version that Google released on like KK or L. DND replaced that, but custom Roms added the functionality back. You can select either. Volume down will go to vibrate, then to silent mode, then to dnd.

• Any chance at all to get the network speed indicator in status bar?
    I bought a paid app for this but it looks like something from the jelly bean era, and have tried a few others but overall they mostly look out of place or just down right ugly etc.
    If not it's cool, just thought I'd ask.
    But does anyone have any suggestions for a third party app?
    I have bought internet speed meter and it's ok but limited as far as options etc.
    Thanks

• [QUOTE = "ctfrommn, post: 158696, member: 2957"] No go on that one for now. I've tried and it just does not work correctly. [/ QUOTE]

So is development dead? Will we get any more updates? It'd be nice to get a April update with rootless substratum and some cool new features in it.

You guys were on a roll and then BAM nothing.
    Hope all is well with you guys.

• Yes, and there are no "guys"...Velocity is a one man (me) show. Rootless substratum will be included but features are pretty much done at this point. What more could anyone possible want?

Also, Gapps arent ready for 7.1.2 builds. Open did just release some where the setup wizard doesnt fc anymore, but you still cant sign in during setup and have to treat it like a new device.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ctfrommn (14. April 2017 um 17:50)

• New build uploading now to AFH. See changelog for details. As stated above, GApps arent fully functional for 7.1.2 yet. You will have to setup as a new devices as restore isnt currently working. After that all should be well. This is clean flash only coming from anything.

• New build uploading now to AFH. See changelog for details. As stated above, GApps arent fully functional for 7.1.2 yet. You will have to setup as a new devices as restore isnt currently working. After that all should be well. This is clean flash only coming from anything.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!