ROM] [N] [7.1.1] Velocity angler

• The last update is great, not sure if it was placebo but I noticed a performance improvement on angler.
    By the way, I noticed the sound QS tile is not present anymore. Was it removed in the last update?

• Ok, close to new build time....BIG changes on the optimization side. This build will be built with Velocity custom clang toolchain built from LLVM master branch. This, like the kernel toolchain is and will be updated constantly. As of right now though, DO NOT clean flash this build. It will almost certainly fail to allow you to get past setup. I'm working on a fix, but its something to do with using newer clang and since almost no one else uses this its going to be a challenge to get it fixed. Dirty flashing works perfectly though and shouln't give you any issues. This will be a LOT faster than the previous build and battery life should also be better. I am just finalizing the March security update now then Ill have these tested. I would expect a release tomorrow barring any issues with testing.

• Ok, close to new build time....BIG changes on the optimization side. This build will be built with Velocity custom clang toolchain built from LLVM master branch. This, like the kernel toolchain is and will be updated constantly. As of right now though, DO NOT clean flash this build. It will almost certainly fail to allow you to get past setup. I'm working on a fix, but its something to do with using newer clang and since almost no one else uses this its going to be a challenge to get it fixed. Dirty flashing works perfectly though and shouln't give you any issues. This will be a LOT faster than the previous build and battery life should also be better. I am just finalizing the March security update now then Ill have these tested. I would expect a release tomorrow barring any issues with testing.

That sounds great. By the way, with the big new changes to Substratum theme engine launched today, will they feature in this next build?

• The only big new changes are that it will be rootless. Not really sure I see the point. Who doesn't use root on custom Roms?

I do agree with you there, but the whole Substratum development going forward is being based on this new rootless system. The new background service is also different, and makes compiling and switching overlays a lot faster. At the moment it isn't even working on ROMs without the rootless commits, it doesn't seem to be compiling overlays at all for some reason, and the app just freezes after I try applying a theme.

• I actually managed to get Substratum to work, it requires a bit of patience and some work arounds.

By the way, has anyone noticed the Google app freezing when loading the result of a search sometimes? It started with this last update. Don't know if it could be the new toolchain or just the Google app/play services acting up...

• New build uploading now to AFH. See changelog for details. As stated above, GApps arent fully functional for 7.1.2 yet. You will have to setup as a new devices as restore isnt currently working. After that all should be well. This is clean flash only coming from anything.

• Unfortunately thats not apples to apples then. Simple only merged stuff and I started over. Every Rom Ive heard about has this same issue, or did. It may well be that the change Open made yesterday actually completely fixed sign in on 64 bit devices. Shamu is definitely still broken.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!