Beiträge von MtG92

[QUOTE = "ctfrommn, post: 159117, member: 2957"] Likely, just dont know when. I cant get a build to work properly right now. No idea why and until I see some more Roms I trust releasing this (aka Pure) I wont mess with it anymore. [/ QUOTE]

Fair enough, thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to it, whenever it comes!

I clean flashed using the Mini Dynamic Gapps (only ones I knew for sure were working with 7.1.2 ROMs at the time) and have no issues at all. The issue I had in the previous build where the Google app was freezing is also gone now. All is good!

I actually managed to get Substratum to work, it requires a bit of patience and some work arounds.

By the way, has anyone noticed the Google app freezing when loading the result of a search sometimes? It started with this last update. Don't know if it could be the new toolchain or just the Google app/play services acting up...

The only big new changes are that it will be rootless. Not really sure I see the point. Who doesn't use root on custom Roms?

I do agree with you there, but the whole Substratum development going forward is being based on this new rootless system. The new background service is also different, and makes compiling and switching overlays a lot faster. At the moment it isn't even working on ROMs without the rootless commits, it doesn't seem to be compiling overlays at all for some reason, and the app just freezes after I try applying a theme.

Ok, close to new build time....BIG changes on the optimization side. This build will be built with Velocity custom clang toolchain built from LLVM master branch. This, like the kernel toolchain is and will be updated constantly. As of right now though, DO NOT clean flash this build. It will almost certainly fail to allow you to get past setup. I'm working on a fix, but its something to do with using newer clang and since almost no one else uses this its going to be a challenge to get it fixed. Dirty flashing works perfectly though and shouln't give you any issues. This will be a LOT faster than the previous build and battery life should also be better. I am just finalizing the March security update now then Ill have these tested. I would expect a release tomorrow barring any issues with testing.

That sounds great. By the way, with the big new changes to Substratum theme engine launched today, will they feature in this next build?

Afraid the Velocity journey on Mako has come to an end. It was a good run all the way back to the PSX days. If this ever properly runs N and I can fairly easily make it work I may build for it again. But till then, thanks to everyone.

Thank you very much for supporting mako for so long. I will keep using the last Velocity build until there's a stable N port. An XDA developer has already released a port, but it's still very much a WIP, as expected.

Don't know don't have mako. Chad is changing security much, so could be related to that. Will tell him.

Thanks. Yes, it is sensor-related as I just noticed did the proximity sensor is not Causing the screen to turn off When It's on my ear during a call. In happy to help or test anything if I can.

Thank you very much for this last build, it's the fastest and smoothest one so far with Marshmallow! I'm glad you decided to go back to mpd, it might not have been so noticeable on shamu, but mako took a big dip in smoothness with 5.1 and 5.2, but it's back to being super smooth now on 6.0. Thanks again!

@ctfrommn my knowledge of this is very superficial, but I got curious about the change from ART to JIT ... Is that not akin to going back to Dalvik? I dont know if its placebo, but the latest build seems to be more "stuttery" than the previous one when scrolling. I'm just curious about what the potential performance changes are, and I know the changelog says that this change is a test.

Btw thanks for bringing Velocity back, it made my day when I found it again last week. I used it since the PSX days and then through the Velocity forum time. Thanks for the builds :)