[KERNEL] franco.Kernel - r161 | M3

• Der hells hat kein Bock auf Gebastel. Die neuen Prima Treiber schaffen bei den einen Abhilfe, andere können sich z.B. dann nicht mehr ins Firmennetzwerk einloggen. Auf sowas hab ich keine Lust :)

hells

Mit einem paranoiden Nexus 4 und hells-Core gesendet

Dir gefällt meine Arbeit? Hier kannst du mir einen Kaffee spendieren: klick

Most of our lives, most of us live in realities determinded by others, imprinted in our brains by education, by religion, by politics, by authorities.
    -Tim Leary

• Wie ist der Franco denn so? Habe es so in Erinnerung, dass der Idledrain super war, aber sobald das Display an war, purzelte die Akkuladung davon. Das war aber damals zu r90 bis r96 Zeiten. Hat sich seitdem etwas getan?

• r140:
    * Merge a new patchset from Colin Cross to help on improving r138's Kernel Freezer patches
    * Obvious optimisations in the Hotplug/Touch Boost path that I've been improving over time. Should save tons of CPU cycles (ditched constant multiplications for example)
    * Fixed a bug where min_sample_time could get stuck with 500ms over time and that could lead to excessive usage of higher frets unnecessarily causing extra heat and extra battery drain

• r142:

* Automatically online a cpu with a boosted frequency instead of waitinga sample for recalculation of load bla bla. If a core goes online it should bebecause there is a bigger load so to save ms and to get better performancethe core comes online boosted to hispeed_freq that comes from interactive gov;

* Wait 5 seconds before scaling up interactive tunables on high load. Sometimesjust by interacting with the UI around we can *ocasionally* have the four coresonline, but we don't really need the high performance tunables. If we're gamingwe'll hit this 5 seconds easily;

* New first_level default, decreased from 90 to 80;

* Interactive defaults changed: timer_rate to 50000, go_hispeed_load to 95, hispeed_freq to 1350MHz, input_boost_freq to 1188MHz. This should help battery life when the load is low while maintaining some smoothness if we suddenly need the processing power

* Bunch of patches from Linux upstream Kernel and CodeAurora (check git)

• r145:
    * Several custom improvements on Interactive's code to save more battery when there is low load and to boost performance when there is higher load requirements. Code changes are on git

There are 3 new tunables that I created, but I will explain then later or if @Miasmic is around he can explain them while I'm not here. Thanks to @Miasmic for testing my crazy **** on his gaming routines, I can say this is a major success  Also its a continuation of r999 changes, just improved.

Sent from Nexus 4 powered by PAC

• r146:
    * Fix a bug that appeared on r145
    * interactive: Optimised more code and removed some useless code

Also increased first_level threshold to 90, I don't feel the need for 80 at this point. Feel free to change though.

• Für das, dass franco anscheinend nichts von Governors hält, fummelt er ganz schön am interactive rum :D (insider von AH) lol

hells

Mit einem paranoiden Nexus 4 und hells-Core gesendet

Dir gefällt meine Arbeit? Hier kannst du mir einen Kaffee spendieren: klick

Most of our lives, most of us live in realities determinded by others, imprinted in our brains by education, by religion, by politics, by authorities.
    -Tim Leary

• r148:
    * Attempt to fix 3G/Data related issues that raised on the last nightlies

Also decreased timer_rate to 35000 from 50000 (should increase performance a tiny bit), increased above_hispeed_delay from 10000 to 20000 and decreased first_level threshold of the Hotplug driver to from 90 to 80, again.

• r156:
    * Some improvements on the dirty writeback IO routines (check git)
    * Slight change to interactive which should save some mA in the long run without sacrificing performance on UI interaction
    * This is probably the last nightly before Milestone 3

Sent from Nexus 4 powered by PARANOIDANDROID

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!